Saturday, December 25, 2010

Installing & Configuring Microsoft Lync 2010 Standard Edition ( First Experience )

A couple of days ago I had my first experience Installing & Configuring Microsoft Lync 2010 Standard Edition and it was AMAZING Smile. Actually it is my first experience implementing a Microsoft communications server ever.

Microsoft Lync 2010 is the new Unified Communications Platform from Microsoft ( Replacing Microsoft OCS ) and it has many new features that you really needs to get your hands on.

Microsoft Lync Features

Top 10 reasons to try Lync 2010

One of the new features that I really love is the Integration with the Office Suite and the SharePoint ( Skill Search ). This is of course in the End User side. Meanwhile in the Administration Side the most Beautiful thing is new Lync Control Panel and the Topology Builder.

Of course my next step is starting to discover the new Lync SDK and starting to do some Integration with the CRM. And of course I will share it with you Winking smile.

Below is some Great articles and Step-By-Step Guide that really helped me to implement the Lync Server (Of course big thanks to the great IT Professionals who wrote these guides) :-

See you soon in a new post regarding CRM.

No comments:

Post a Comment